Friday, February 10, 2006

The Sound of Music

The Mezzanine bathroom of our house has been recently redone. It's pretty much a spa, and I spend as much time in there as I possibly can. The warm and cozy atmosphere is great for things like face washing, tooth brushing, and also reading and doing the occasional tap dance (we have good tile.) There is also a shower radio, which is really useful for when we decide to stage a musical. The upstairs bathroom will soon be just as fabulous and I can't wait.

But I really can't wait, because while our upstairs bathroom is out of comission, we have to schlep around the house in our towels, using different bathrooms, carrying our shower caddies around like little homeless people who have a lot of shampoo but no real clothes - it's tragic.

This morning, however, the tragedy truly hit home. I was in the shower, minding my own business, (I really try not to mind other people's business, especially while in the shower) enjoying the nice tile, thinking about my day, when someone else got into the shower next to me. And then, all of a sudden, my delicious showery silence was interrupted by none other than EMINEM. Yes, EMINEM. Was there. Gratuitously cussing from the shower radio.

I'm not easily offended, especially by bad language. I'm Italian - bad language is a genetic thing. But EMINEM? In the MORNING? Ridiculous. I think the radio was offended too. After all, it's become accustomed to the show tunes.

1 comment:

Running Librarian said...

I wish I could share your outrage, but you know how I love my Eminem, morning, noon and night....