Friday, March 17, 2006

A wheezy asthmatic, a Polish girl, and an Italian mama go on a vacation...

I just got back from a weeklong vacation in San Diego with Sarah and Gosia. Aside from having no money, a peeling hairline (sunburns suck) and a horrible pain in the back which I think is from the 40 minutes we sat in the Sharper Image massage chairs yesterday (Or maybe it was the laser beams shooting out of the Sharper Image employees eyes trying to get us out of the chairs, hmm...) we had a great time.

Trip Highlights:
.Gosia mis-reading a sign and instead of Mcacques (which are monkeys) she called them mycocks. You can see the discrepancy here.

.Having sand in all my crevices, for the second Spring Break in a row. Not really a highlight, but, you know.

.Thinking that Marie Curie invented chemistry...

.Having a bum at a trolley station perform a whole stand-up routine, which involved jokes about lesbians (he has nothing against them, after all, they both want the same thing!) and a bad joke ending with the punch line "Obi-Juan's Kenobi." These jokes shall never be repeated in polite company, this I can assure you.

.Polish lessons while waiting in line for the Matterhorn. I can now say "I am still sunburned", "I love you" and "I have to pee. No, really." in Polish - my parents would be so proud.

.Standing on Main Street in Disneyland under a sky lit up by fireworks, surrounded by two of my best friends, wearing a pink t-shirt, a tiara, and holding an ice-cream cone. As much as I am anticipating my wedding day, I don't think it really gets any better than that.

Unless I get married at Disneyland, and then it's ice-cream and tiaras for everyone!

No comments: