Monday, October 17, 2005

Fall has fallen


I always feel so nostaligc in the Fall. It reminds me of First Day of School Dresses, freshly sharpened pencils, and the smell of new crayons. Even though we start school in what seems like the middle of summer now, it only hits me in October that I'm a student.
I feel so blessed to be able to say that. I love being a student, learning, growing, meeting new people every day. I love living and being part of an institution of higher learning, and being part of the swarm of ideas in this town.
And, simply for its aesthetics, I love Ft. Collins in Autumn. The way the sun shines through the trees and makes patterns on the grass fills me with wonder, the smell of the moist leaves stays with you all day, and I love the crunching sound they make on my way to class, like I'm walking on potato chips.
Fall is so bittersweet, and even though it hurts, it's still my favorite time of year. It is romance, sadness, death, and beauty all at once. Wonderful.

photo of the day: The Oval in Autumn c. Hilary Davis

No comments: